Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tool #11 - Self-Assessing and Reflecting


1)      I really enjoy using YouTube to share video clips and documentaries with my classroom on artists and art history movements/topics.  I plan on using this when the students produce their own “round-table” art history presentations in class.  They will be filmed, and a student helper will edit them together and upload them to YouTube, so the class can watch each other.
2)      I have realized that it can be a very simple thing in order to help capture the students’ attention, which can then help in successfully completing a lesson.  I see the tools as a way to “relate” better to the high school students with regards to the having them catch on to the ideas and principles.  This, in turn, will make them more likely to go along on the journey and take leap into a particular project.  The way my art class is set up works well.  If I am able to include a smart board in my classroom, I will have to rearrange a few things.
3)      At the beginning, I was a little hesitant about going through the 11 Tools Process.  If there is one thing I gathered from the process is that there is quite a great deal of tools available.  Not all of them are the best for me, but it is a matter of picking the ones that fit best for my lessons and build from that.  Technology changes can be a little intimidating before you see that they are actually helpful in many ways and are a “tool” to reach and teach students.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, pick the ones that work! And, continue to learn new ones by developing a strong PLN! People are really putting lots of great information out there. You just need to spend a little time following it!

    ReplyDelete